THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Well, this is just great.

Big Union is forcing me into mediation. They are troubled by my criticism.

They have said something nice about me. Apparently, I am responsible for relatively little oppression, am a woman, and own the right kind of lawn mower, although they would prefer that I seed my lawn with local greenery that would not need to be mowed.

Now it is my turn to say something nice about them. Hoo boy.

Big Union, it is great that you protect people from being fired. Otherwise, where would incompetent people work? Wait a minute, maybe I shouldn't lead with that.

Big Union, thanks for insisting that employers follow existing laws, like the ones that protect people from discrimination. I never would have thought of that on my own. Wait, that won't work either.

I have to admit that unions are responsible for the current working world. Weekends, eight-hour workdays and safety regulations exist because of unions. In a way, it is not nice for me to criticise them when I am a beneficiary of everything unions have done over the past 100 years. But I cannot help but think that they have outlived their usefulness.

0 comments: