THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Monday, January 15, 2007

Too far?

I have received many phone calls, e-mails and comments about the things I write. Naturally, I have a large number of adoring fans, but they are often concerned that others will not like what I have written. It is sweet of them to worry that other people are not quite cool enough to get the joke. I appreciate the concern.

Specifically, I have been warned about a potential backlash from:
* Canadians
* Americans
* The left wing
* The right wing
* Professional writers
* Professional talkers
* Unprofessional writers
* Gay people
* Straight people
* Christians
* Non-Christians

I am not sure if this is because I am mean to everyone or because I am not as nice to some people as they might personally like. I have not received any indication that anyone is personally offended (although I do get a lot of "someone ELSE might not like this") so it is hard to know if this is just our good old Canadian sensitivities at play.

HA! HA! I meant American sensitivities, of course. Canadians don't get offended on behalf of others. And they have fabulous senses of humour.

A friend and I were talking about this tonight: to blog or not to blog? How do you know when you should put something out for the whole world to see? How do you know when it's best to keep it inside your head?

3 comments:

Kevin Holsapple said...

Think of your house after dark: the blinds are still pulled open, so you can't see out, but everyone can see in. That's the internet. Be careful.
Your Dad

Anonymous said...

Hehe. Your dad sounds like me dad. Ahh... Daddy's. They love their girls.

Anonymous said...

Ya, but while I'm peering through windows in the dark of the night, I'm not exactly getting offended by what I see ;)!

Nathan