THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Old at being young, young at being old


It always seemed to me that adults knew what they were doing. They always knew how to fix a skinned knee, how to cook fiddleheads, how long I would be in what we now call “time out”.

Given that, it was reasonable to think that with age, I would also know exactly what to do in every situation.

I had no idea that it was all ad-libbed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The illusion of knowledge is as powerful as knowledge itself.

Anonymous said...

"everyting's on hold to other's revolutions..."

That song resonates with me, too.

Hey, I'm flying *solo* by the seat of my pants now! Who'd a thunk I could handle that? My kids do; Alex told me today that I was "doing a good job doing Daddy's stuff."

Cin