THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Monday, January 15, 2007

50 questions

I have a friend who keeps sending me these things, so these are my responses once and for all. This is the END.

1. Your name spelled backwards? Nagem. I like this almost as much as my real name.

2. Where were your parents born? My dad was born in New York (Long Island, I think) and my mom was born in Maine.

3. What's your favorite restaurant? I don't think I have one. I go to the pub across the street from my office quite a lot, though. It is the only place in town that serves Newfie Screech. They keep it behind the bar, and when I come in, the waitress asks me how many shots I want.

4. Last time you swam in a pool? Jan 2, for Michael's birthday party.

5. Have you ever been in a school play? Of course. I was very good at memorizing lines, was a decent singer and always liked to be the centre of attention.

6. How many kids do you want? WANT...um...I think it would be safest to say "one".

7. Type of music you dislike most? I really hate those gospel-chorus CDs Steve has. Actually, I despise them. At the first strain of "Our GAAAAAWD is an awesome GAAAAAWD" I have a sore on my finger from jabbing the "change disk" button.

8. Are you registered to vote? Yes, I think so. I can't vote here, but I'm pretty sure I have been a registered Republican for the past 11 years.

9. Do you have cable? Yes. And satellite. Two satellite dishes, in fact. Steve probably has a good explanation for this.

10. Have you ever ridden on a moped? Is that one of those gas-powered bikes? No way. I love my bike, but it is leg-powered.

11. Ever prank call anybody? Of course, when I was younger.

12. Ever get a parking ticket? Yes. I got a ticket about two and a half years ago for parking on the sidewalk. In my own defense, they don't plow the roads here, so the road is at the same level as the sidewalk. Move over a couple of inches, and you are parking on the sidewalk. They had me. I was definitely guilty.

13. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? You must be confusing me with someone who is cool.

14. Furthest place you've ever traveled? Ulukhaktok, NWT to the north. Orlando, Florida to the south. St. John's, Newfoundland to the east. Old Crow, Yukon to the west.

15. Do you have a garden? I have a lawn. It takes up so much effort that there's no way I could ever garden. Some nice arctic poppies grow along the edges of the lawn.

16. What's your favorite comic strip? Calvin and Hobbes. I own all of the book collections.

17. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? Yes. I know O Canada and the Star-Spangled Banner.

18. Bath or Shower, morning or night? Morning shower.

19. Best movie you've seen in the past month? Oh, crap. I only watch Michael's movies. Don't make me admit to watching Attack of the Clones five times in the last month. Wait, wait! I have all of the Arrested Development episodes on DVD. I vote for the Pier Pressure episode from the first season. This episode has everything: Liza with a Z, drugs, strippers ("Oh no, it's the cops! And a construction worker!"), lost limbs, and yet another incest reference. Good times.

20. Favorite pizza topping? Ham and pineapple should not taste good on pizza, but somehow they do.

21. Chips or popcorn? I really dislike popcorn. I am not a huge fan of chips, either, unless they come with Cindy's pickle dip. Another thing that should not taste good but somehow does.

22. What color lipstick do you usually wear? I don't. I have this all-natural lip balm that is white, so my lips look light pink. I'm not sure if that counts. When my lips are peeling, changing their colour is the least of my concerns.

23. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? I had no idea you could do this. This is like the time you told me about the banana skins, isn't it?

24. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? As if.

25. Orange Juice or apple? I like both.

26. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine? Steve's parents, Steve, Michael and I went to Pizza Hut a couple of weeks ago.

27. Favorite type chocolate bar? I don't eat these that often, but Three Musketeers has always been my favourite type OF chocolate bar. (Were these questions written by a person who didn't speak English?)

28. When was the last time you voted at the polls? Never. I can't vote in Canada and it's too much work to get an absentee ballot for the American elections.

29. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? I don't like tomatoes. I may have eaten one years ago, to please my grandmother. So let's say it's been 20 years.

30. Have you ever won a trophy? No trophies. I won a premier's award for excellence about a year ago, though.

31. Are you a good cook? I think so. I cook a lot of rice dishes.

32. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Nope. I hardly ever need to get gas, so I don't feel bad about giving the poor schmuck an extra dollar to pump it.

33. Ever order an article from an infomercial? NO. It is all I can do to keep Steve from buying things from the shopping network. He actually turns it on to watch it. And not just in the middle of the night, either. I will walk into the living room in the morning and he will be watching some moron try to sell blenders. I hate commercials and have no idea why a person would sit and watch an entire show that was nothing but an ad. This is also why I stopped watching talk shows: I started feeling like they were blatant hour-long ads for various companies.

34. Sprite or 7-up? I can't tell the difference.

35. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? Nope.

36. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy? I picked up some carbamazepine for my epilepsy this afternoon.

37. Ever throw up in public? Not in public, technically.

38. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? I really don't want to be a millionaire. I am sure that millionaires are constantly harassed for money.

39. Do you believe in love at first sight? Nope.

40. Ever call a 1-900 number? Nope.

41. Can ex's be friends? You mean "exes", right? Don't make me pull out my beheading knife.

42. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? Cindy, after she had her latest baby. I spent most of a day in the hospital with Michael when he had his surgery, but I don't think that counts as a visit.

43. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby? I don't know. I don't have any pictures of myself as a baby.

44. What message is on your answering machine? "Hi, you've reached Megan at the [name of workplace withheld]. Bonjour, vous avez rejoint Megan au [name of workplace withheld]. I'm in the office, but away from my desk right now. Please leave me a message. I will call you back. Je peux vous aider en francais par l'intermediare d'interprete."

45. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character? I don't think I have one. I particularly enjoyed the show in the early '90s: Dana Carvey, Chris Rock, Phil Hartman, Mike Myers, David Spade, Al Franken.

46. What was the name of your first pet? We never had pets. I don't know if farm animals count; if so, we had two goats called Snowmoon and Salluce. A third goat came later, but I don't remember her name. There were a couple of kids for a while, but I am guessing that my dad sold them. We also had pigs, which my dad called Lunch and Dinner, 75 chickens and a couple of rabbits.

47. What is in your purse? My wallet, lots of pens, cold meds, gum, stickers, temporary tattoos, and a recent pay stub. I'm sure if I dug down deep I'd find a ton of receipts from the pub across the street from my office.

48. Favorite thing to do before bedtime? I cannot sleep without reading. The floor on my side of the bed is littered with books and old magazines.

49. What's the last thing you downloaded from your computer? I think you mean TO my computer. I suppose that would be the MSN software, which I use to chat with Glen and Stacey. They do not like Yahoo Messenger, which is the chat program my entire family uses. The last thing I uploaded from my computer is the blog post right below this one.

50. What's the one thing you are grateful for today? I am grateful for my fuzzy socks. It is -41 today and I am a very unhappy person when my feet are cold.

2 comments:

Kevin Holsapple said...

The third goat was named Kezia.

Torq said...

I have been hoping that you would be available at some point in time oh blogging guru. I was wondering if you could let me know how you can post video on your blog? I have been trying through YouTube but... Alas!