THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Thursday, February 01, 2007

So we found this hotel. It was a place I knew well.

I have been a bit worried about Glen's taste in music. So far, he has revealed that he likes Rick Astley, Anne Murray, Whitesnake, the Scissor Sisters, and a list of campy bubblegum artists I don't even recognize. That's how bad it is.

However, I definitely approve of his latest pick. I LOVE Heart. I listen to Barracuda when I'm happy and Alone when I'm sad. I keep Heart in permanent rotation on my computer at work so my extreme mood swings have an appropriate soundtrack.



[UPDATED: I have removed the back part of this post, as it was unfocused. I am trying to keep to one topic per post.]

2 comments:

Glen said...

First off, I would like to say that people in glass houses should not throw stones. I do recall there was incredible synchronicity (hmmm I also like the Police) in our musical collections when it came to Much More Music's Top 50 Guilty Pleasures.

So campy unknown bubble gum pop aside, you're one to talk. I believe there was a consensus among the staff that you like drag queen music.

In my own defence, I am putting these forth as guilty pleasures. I recognize and accept that there should be a little shame that goes along with each one of these choices. But I also can't hide the fact that I have the musical tastes of a 12-year old girl.

And good on ya, I like this song a lot too.

Megan said...

Drag-queen music?

What, are Annie Lennox and Madonna supposedly drag-queen musicians?

I will come clean about my own guilty pleasures. I just opened iTunes and went to the "recently played" folder. In order:

1. Walking on Broken Glass: Annie Lennox (OK, you might have a point.)

2. Just Like Jesse James: Cher (Not sure what to say about this one. Is it wrong to watch the video of her on the ship with all the sailors OVER AND OVER AND OVER?)

3. Crucify: Tori Amos (Does Tori do drag-queen music? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.)

4. Disappear: INXS (The real INXS, not the new reality-show version.)

5. Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald: Gordon Lightfoot (I think this is what they call "old-fogey" music.)

6. Hungry Eyes: Eric Carmen (This is a guilty pleasure of MINE.)

7. Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone: Glass Tiger (Ditto.)

8. Heave Away: The Fables (Played in bars where they serve screech.)

9. Friday I'm In Love: The Cure (Another guilty pleasure.)

10. Wake Me Up When September Ends: Green Day (One of Michael's favourites - he wants to be Billie Joe.)

Under "Most Played" I see Randy Travis (sorry, I can't help myself), Nirvana, Green Day, the Cars, Annie Lennox and Rick James (STOP JUDGING ME).