THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I owe Neil Young an apology

Dear Mr. Young,

I am sincerely sorry for comparing your arm position to that of Jessica Simpson and the wanna-bes on American Idol. I did not intend to imply that you are on the same level musically, poetically or any other -ally. In fact, my intention was to set up a humourous contrast. I figured that this would be obvious to all but the most thick-headed of readers.

Sadly, I forgot that many of my fans are in institutions, wear special restraining devices, and need all information spoon-fed to them with a minimum of sarcasm, parody or satire.

The truth is that I really like you. I used to program a radio show, and I would play your music all the time. Canadian radio stations are required to play a certain amount of "Canadian content" and I needed to balance out the Guns 'n' Roses the show host always wanted to play.

Sincerely,
Megan

P.S. Dad, am I correct in thinking that you had at least one of his records in one of your milk crates?


2 comments:

Kevin Holsapple said...

I can't quite remember whether I collected his records or not.
My first R & R band was named after the B side of his 1970 single "Ohio" ("The Cost of Freedom"], so I must have had some of his 45's. Your mother remembers "Ohio" from our first encounter, because I sang it for her.
And for some strange reason, I like to hear Neil Young.

Torq said...

I like some Neil Young. I don't really like his later stuff, or at least none that I can think of off the top of my head. Listening to Heart of Gold, which I like, made me want to post Old Man, which was one of my favorite songs for awhile, to my blog. Rocking in the Free World made me change my mind.