THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Speaking of memory...

[UPDATED: Welcome, Clay Nation. Nice to have you along for the ride. This is not really a blog about Clay, but there are some posts about him closer to the top.]



Does anyone other than my parents know who this is?

I am convinced that you can find anything at all on YouTube. I spent about half an hour browsing 25-year-old videos of this fellow (he died in 1982) and discovered a video of a song he did called "23rd Psalm". I'm sure this song helped me earn a dollar: my dad used to give us money if we memorized psalms, creeds, commandments, etc. We would memorize as much as possible so we could buy chocolate bars, and did whatever we could to work the system: "Guess what I just discovered! Psalm 117 only has two verses! I can TOTALLY memorize that and you'll have to give me a dollar HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Well, now I've completely gotten off-topic. Back to the song. It had been set to images: praying hands, Jesus on the cross, and...Clay Aiken. Yes. I figured you wouldn't believe me, so I took a couple of screenshots:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who the guy is, but I think The Blueberry Princess Bride might be saddened by his collapsed fifth finger.

Megan said...

Yeah, this was a hard one.

Keith Green is not well-known and never had the crossover appeal that Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant had.

I owned ALL of his tapes, which were a deep blue colour. My parents either didn't know or kept me from realizing that he died in a plane crash in 1982: this information would have devastated me.

I found out by mistake one day after my obsession had lifted slightly. I can't remember where I read it, but it was presented very matter-of-factly, like this: "When Keith Green died six years ago...". This was not good for my mental health, even then.