THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Friday, February 16, 2007

No, I did not buy $9300 worth of chemicals from Fort Lauderdale

It has actually happened. I can finally call myself a Canadian. Yes, I am a victim.

Of all the ways I could be victimized, I suppose I prefer credit-card fraud, as long as the Visa people figure out how to reverse this giant charge on my credit card.

It’s funny – I feel less violated than I did the time someone came into my backyard, stole my bike, dumped the back half and decided to keep the front half. (I found it locked up at the store across the street from my office.) Mostly, I am just surprised at the NERVE of these people. Also, I’d like to find out how my credit-card number fell into the hands of criminals. Criminals who need chemicals. (Hmmm.)

Fortunately, Steve is a bit obsessive about checking our bank and credit balances. Do not infer that he is obsessive about cutting our spending: he is only obsessive about logging into our accounts every day to look at the balance. This is how he discovered the problem. Everyone, give Steve a hand. God only knows how many chemicals would have been purchased in quantities totaling just under $10,000 if Steve didn’t have mild OCD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Don't leave the country! You'll be Mahar Arar-ed in jig time!

Megan said...

That's the worst part -- we are ALL leaving the country in less than a month. And yes, we're going to Florida. I admit that this doesn't look good.