THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Visit to the High Arctic

Just before the end of the day, a co-worker came into my office and jokingly asked if I wanted to visit the most northerly community in the NWT tomorrow. She was taken completely off guard when I got all excited and asked if she was serious.

This is Sachs Harbour:


You have no idea how far north it is, but just for fun, try this:

Now, I know some of my readers are looking at the bottom edge of this map and thinking that the states below it are "north". HAHAHAHAHA. I live near the middle of this map, but used to live in the top left corner, right next to the northern coast of Alaska. Almost nobody gets to go to Sachs Harbour, which is why I was so excited to get the opportunity. This is the sort of trip that some people plan for their whole lives.

I'm going with the RCMP, which will be interesting just by itself. I'll have photos tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!