THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Old men watch from the outside, guarding their prey

You probably did not know this, but apparently blogs are dangerous. Yes.

I'm sure you can think of a few ways blogs might be more dangerous than, say, the Government of Canada's website. For example, they're often not designed very well, and it can be hard to find what you're looking for once you get into the guts of a blog. Wait, I suppose that's not really much different than what you'll find on the federal government's site.

So I'll cut right through the suspense and tell you why blogs are dangerous. You see, if you have a blog, people can disagree with you. Yes! Quick, let's shut THAT feature down before anyone discovers it!

Also, people who disagree with you can -- wait for it -- LINK TO YOUR BLOG. I am so annoyed about this craziness that I almost slipped into my Uriel voice for a moment. (Uriel fans: I promise to bring her back, but I've been staying away from the religious hypocrites for the last little while. This is good for my sanity, but has put me into contact with an entirely new group of hypocrites.)

Apparently it's impossible to link to a non-blog website. Also, people without blogs have no critics and total control over the things other people say about them. This is important, because when someone has a different opinion, the best way to deal with it is to make them stop talking. You definitely don't want them to disagree with you on your own website.

I'm glad we cleared this up. I am going to start making plans to pull my blog down right away. That way, nobody can tell me to go to a nunnery, criticise my taste in music or disagree with me at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious....
What prompted this???

Megan said...

I have been caught in my own web of lies. I am not actually pulling the blog down, and I encourage people to disagree with me.

Yes, I am stating on the record that I will allow people to disagree with me on my own website. Go ahead and argue that compound modifiers don't need to be hyphenated. You can even say that Ickler's a good writer.

I remain convinced that the way to deal with critics is to allow more freedom of speech, not less. I've never deleted a comment, and I can't imagine that it would ever come to that.

Anonymous said...

I assumed, after having read the rest of your blog, that you were being facetious. I was just curious what prompted the facetiousness....??

Megan said...

This one's been nagging at me for a long time, and I felt that I had to let it out. :)

Anonymous said...

damn festering rants!