THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pick your path and I'll pray

Reader-submitted question: You're so afraid?

Hmmm.

Don't think for a moment that I don't know what you're up to. I'm just considering how to respond. You know I only created that label for you fetishists, right? I'm starting to think that giving in to your not-so-subtle requests is not good for you.

It's probably more efficient for you to simply download whatever you want to listen to, or to buy a CD if you're of (ahem) the "older generation". (Hi, Dad! I hope you got to Newfoundland safely!)

On the other hand, I think I understand what's motivating this. Although some of you are bored silly by videos, I always like to see which videos other people have posted on their blogs. Not only do you have a wide variety of songs to choose from, you have to pick a very specific version to post. It's very interesting to see which versions you choose and think about why you might have selected that one out of dozens of others. I'm sure that I'm usually wrong, but it's fun to imagine anyway.

This is, again, an oldie and there are a lot of versions floating around. This one happens to be my favourite: even though my older readers may prefer the original, this one strikes me as having just the right amount of pathos. To further drive a wedge between the fetishists, I don't know WHAT Ms. Nicks is thinking here. She looks incredibly bored, and I think it distracts from the rest of the performance. What, she can't handle singing backup for once?

0 comments: