THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Monday, June 25, 2007

More ritual humiliation

I am NOT on a diet. I started the SELF Challenge with the Princess today.

The SELF Challenge, as I discovered, requires me to write down every calorie I consume and document all of my exercise, then post it on the Internet, presumably so that other people can mock me.

I'm not used to counting calories, but so far today I have eaten 1150 of them. About a third of this came from my daily chai, which I guess I need to make into a weekly treat. I asked the barista how many calories were in the chai, and she made a face and asked if I really wanted to know. This was a bad sign.

But I am NOT on a diet. I am, at least in theory, against diets. While I insist that I'm not on a diet, I have been trying to be a bit healthier. No more candy when I get upset. Walks or bike rides in the evening. This has been going on for three weeks, since I realised that unless I made a conscious effort, we would eat barbecued hamburgers for supper every night. But I am NOT on a diet. I am the Princess's online workout buddy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Calorie counting?? How do you even do that? No one told me about calorie counting. I'm stressed; where's my ice cream?

Cin said...

I'm not on a diet either. Diets suck. I'm changing my lifestyle.

Big hugs -- onward to a healthier you!

Megan said...

Miss Lyndsy, if you're doing the SELF Challenge, add me as a buddy: dryas@theedge.ca or mholsapp -- I'm not sure if you use my login or my e-mail address to add buddies. I'm also not sure what the benefit of adding buddies is, but that will probably become clearer in time.

The site counts your calories. You put in what you eat and it automatically knows. It's pretty cool. But I am NOT on a diet. Diets are for weirdos.

The Blueberry Princess said...

I'm actually not sure what the benefit is to adding buddies. You can send motivating messages to each other, and you can check to see if your buddies are logging in each day. Other than that, it's just kind of nice to know that other people you know are also making lifestyle changes.

Megan said...

I'm guessing that "350 calories for a chai??? WTF???" is not exactly a motivating message.

The Blueberry Princess said...

Well, it certainly made me laugh, and isn't laughter motivating? We can have it be as fun as we want it to be.

Anonymous said...

Megan, now you've got a sister in your life. That's something new. I think your life is changing!

Anonymous said...

I have trouble remember the PIN for my debit card, nevertheless what I ate in a day.

...And I haven't logged in since I registered about three days ago. The most exercise I've done since then is...walking around shopping and talking at lightning speed with family :-p