THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Monday, June 25, 2007

Me = Loser

I am cackling with glee right now. And I hesitate to tell you why, because you will all laugh at me.

However, this blog is really just an opportunity to embarrass myself on a grand scale, so here goes. Click over to my 9-5 website. Look! Look! There next to What's New! It's an RSS feed! An honest-to-goodness RSS feed! And I did it myself!

What, you guys aren't impressed? I'll have you know that NOBODY ELSE in the NWT government has one of those. This is cutting-edge stuff, at least for us.

7 comments:

Stacey and Trevor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey and Trevor said...

How many approvals did you need and how many papers did you write to get permission to set up your RSS feed?

PS I deleted the last post because of an error. I didn't want LMKIA coming after my ass.

Megan said...

I didn't ask anyone, and I didn't write any papers. I just DID IT. I am such a subversive. Who wants my autograph?

I've decided that this will be my last job with the GNWT, and probably my last job in Yellowknife. This was a very freeing decision. I no longer need to worry about upsetting future bosses.

Cin said...

So when do you move to Vic?

Anonymous said...

Why would this be your last job in NWT?

What is an RSS feed and why would you need permission from your boss to have one?

Megan said...

Hi Mom,

I'm outta here. I can't stay much longer. This post should be a joke, but is very real.

An RSS feed is like an alert system. It means you don't have to go to a bunch of websites every day to check for updates; you can go to a single website that will check all of your sites for you. I read a ton of blogs, but most of them don't publish every day. With RSS, I can just check one website and get all of the updates in one place. I only visit blogs individually if they publish every day or if I want to check the comments.

Anonymous said...

Megs,

Are you really at your wit's end? You sound as if you are. What's going on? Are you alright?

Perhaps a dose of Icky will ease your discomfort and ennui.