THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary, out by the gas fires of the refinery

Yeah, this is where I was born.

The wedding is today. This is the first time Michael will meet my extended family. I haven't seen my uncles or cousins since my grandmother died seven years ago. It is hard to believe that it's been so long, but we've all moved to far-flung places.

I received one more question through a relative and will respond to it quickly:

Question #8: So, is Megan weird now? I went to her blog but now I'm freaked.

Oh dear. After a few follow-up questions, I discovered that this was the first post that one person saw on the blog. He had no context for this, so he (metaphorically) turned and ran. This would be why he stopped e-mailing me.

This blog is a mix of things in this order:

  1. Videos of Michael.
  2. Silly statements that I don't really mean.
  3. Personal opinions that I mean with all my heart.
  4. Music videos of the songs we listen to.
  5. Snarky commentary about people who don't know how to use the English language.
  6. Sexy pictures and videos of David Hasselhoff.
Other than labelling posts THIS IS A JOKE (which would kill the joke), I can't think of any way to signal clearly that I'm joking unless you are familiar with my sense of humour. CLOSED CAPTIONING FOR THE HUMOUR-IMPAIRED: There are two jokes in the list. First, I don't actually think David Hasselhoff is sexy. Second, items 2 and 3 make fun of the fact that people can't tell if I am serious. Get it? Get it?

If this is your first visit, please start here. It may help you to figure out when I'm joking.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So Megan is weird NOW?" The statement begs the question, "When were you normal?"

Who likes normal! Not me! Cheers to weirdos!