THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?



This movie came out when I was six years old. At the time, there was no such thing as a PG-13 rating, so this film was rated PG. My mother and uncle took me to see it.

I was pretty sheltered. Just for starters, we didn't have a TV. I am guessing that my mom and uncle were expecting a Raiders of the Lost Ark-type movie with cartoon violence and religious overtones, like this:



No such luck. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom still has me freaked out. I stumbled over this trailer on YouTube and my heart is still beating out of my chest. If you like watching people get strapped into a cage and lowered into a volcano, this is definitely the movie for you. As I recall, it also provides tips for stewing monkey brains and making eyeball soup.

1 comments:

Kevin Holsapple said...

Your mother and uncle took you to the movies?! Your father must have been out of town; he would never have allowed it. Now you understand why.