THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Monday, October 09, 2006

I am SUCH a loser

I came here tonight because I couldn't stop thinking that I had misplaced a hyphen. I had this horrible thought that I might have referred to "wanna-be punk-rockers", which would have been JUST AWFUL. Think of the social humiliation that would have come over me. Hyphen misuse is just one or two steps away from indiscriminate apostrophe usage, and from there you are heading into total societal breakdown.

Fortunately, I didn't use two hyphens. Everything is still OK.

1 comments:

Kevin Holsapple said...

I'm wondering about the comma you have written outside the quotation marks on the third line. Shouldn't that comma have been placed between the quotation and the closing quotation mark?
I'm not being dogmatic about this; I am only exploring it.