THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Thursday, October 05, 2006

jmhylb vfgvj nhnkj,

That's what it looks like when I smack the keyboard repeatedly with my forehead.

I am NOT a computer person, but I have ended up as the person who keeps the website at work running, current, whatever. Most of the time, this is not a huge problem. I change a word here, add a sentence there, redirect a link, and go on with my day.

I've spent the last two days trying to add a new section to the site. This is much more complicated that it appeared, even to dumb ol' me. Hours of fussing and tweaking and staring at the screen, trying to muddle through the source code when things aren't working, shaking my fists in anger when text changes colour without warning, screaming quietly so it doesn't disturb the admin assistant next door. In the meantime, all of my regular work continues to pile up. It's enough to make you want to nail someone's head to the ground with a tent peg.

I mean, it's enough to make you want to walk away from your computer and take a few deep breaths. Right-o.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Meg, I must say I find your Biblical Reference rather keen. While the humor may be lost on most people, and perhaps may even be missed by the Reverend Kevin Holsapple himself, I am quickly reminded of the lady in the old testament, whom I've come across several times in my studies. While the story may not be one of my favorites, I remain somewhat reserved about your reference, and worried you may be confusing the moral of the story.
Nathan

megs. said...

oh no! you're the website person now? that's terrible. i'm going to have to tell kara. and then we can have a loud, long, halfway-sympathetic laugh.