THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The other photo



This is the other photo I keep in my office. I keep it right above my computer. This one's not a lie. This one is true photojournalism.

This is the head of the CBC literally falling on his ass in front of the Heritage Committee, when he was called to task for locking out thousands of my former co-workers for months to prove that he was serious about turning them into casual workers with no benefits or long-term commitments. Because, you know, that's what people want nowadays. They don't want to be tied down to jobs. They want to be free. Personally, I've always thought that true freedom is the ability to quit your job anytime you want, but that's just me.

I have never been a fan of Robert Rabinovitch. When he came to our station a few years ago, he agreed to be interviewed on the morning show about his vision for the CBC in our region - but only if he could get a list of the questions ahead of time. We had lots of questions for him...we had just been through a huge round of cutbacks and were concerned about where things were headed. No worries. He had pat answers all around. And things never did get any better.

0 comments: