THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Self-censorship

I am very sad to see that my friend Amy has taken her blog down. Amy is running for re-election to a publicly-funded school board. In the last week she has stripped all of the content from her blog. Read the comments to get an idea of what happened to her.

A complete stranger has pieced most of it together here.

We are fortunate to live in a part of the world where we are free to speak our minds. I can't begin to imagine what she has been going through in the last little while. I understand why she deleted her posts, but I wish she hadn't. It was one place where she could just write about what was important to her. Nobody would ever have seen it except her friends and family.

Amy's blog was not significantly different from this one: pictures of her kids and silly stories about her life. Google still has it cached, if you are interested in seeing what all of the fuss is about.

0 comments: