THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Desperately Seeking Stacey

One of my dearest friends is coming to visit tomorrow, and I am thrilled. However, it means that yet again, I have to tell you that I may not be as quick to respond to your e-mail as I usually am. I'm not ignoring you; I just have company.

Although I am still cursing the germs that invaded my body a few days ago (the Saddam Husseins of germs), the timing was good: I will not be sick while Stacey is here, and I managed to write extra posts and schedule them throughout the week.

I just looked for photos of myself with Stacey, and pulled this one off Facebook. Honestly, I am not sure what to say:


This is from last year. We are both laughing and crying.

It's not the emotion that surprises me; I'm welling up now just thinking about how happy I am that she is happy. I'm surprised because this picture was taken almost exactly one year later at another friend's wedding:


(Sorry about misappropriating your body, Glen, but Amy has created a work of art here that simply must be shared at every opportunity.)

Even now, it is hard for me to really be sure that I lost so much weight. I honestly don't comprehend it unless I look at old photos. I really don't feel any different.

We will be sure to take more photos during Stacey's visit. I can't wait to see her.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow. That's really impressive. You seem to have lost half of yourself in barely a year. Way to go! But, now, stop. You are tiny enough. No more shrinking.

Megan said...

It actually gets worse. The Saddam Hussein germs peeled four pounds away in the last three days. No, this is not a good thing. I can't afford to buy new clothes in a smaller size.

If anyone in Name of Town Withheld wants to go for burgers tomorrow, I'm game.

Jenn Martinson said...

Goodness, that is amazing! You look so much younger!!

Karen said...

Your Saddam germs invaded me over the weekend, and now I have spent more than 2 days tucked into bed, alternately too ht or too cold. Next time you are this sick, let's skip lunch and send you home - we can catch up when you feel better.

I have to go lie down now. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, you look fab!