THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Monday, November 13, 2006

Welcome to a new kind of tension

Okay, crankies. You might have noticed that some people were left out of the family tree. Good heavens, I don't know what we have to do to make you people happy.

Because you have taken so much time to get to know my family, you have probably noticed that the seedlings of all sides of the family tree were not included. It is just too complicated to list everyone's children. So the extended family trees show grandparents, aunts, uncles and first cousins. It is way too much work to include second cousins or cousins' significant others or half-nieces or the multitude of infants who have appeared in the past six years. As my uncles will probably testify, I am not great at figuring out what my own cousins look like, let alone Steve's new cousins or the new crop of second cousins. This is not supposed to be the legal description of anyone's family. (If it was, I'd have made a few modifications to my side.) (No, not to you personally.) (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.)

Seriously, if you were offended by the family tree you might as well leave right now, because it has got to be the least offensive thing we have ever posted on this blog. You would think I had insulted Canadian Thanksgiving or something. (HA HA! I would never do that. And if I did, I would definitely "apologize" right away.) (Note to self: Quotation marks would be a good Little Miss Know-It-All topic.)

I may have opened this door by including Steve's cousin's wife who has been around for 20 years or so. Sorry about this. By the logic explained above, she should not have been included. Avert your eyes when you get to that image. She's the one with the beautiful red hair.

Now, don't we all feel better?

0 comments: