THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The rest of the family

I figured I might as well finish the job before bed:



I don't think this group of people has ever been in the same room together. It has been five years since I've seen any of them, with the exception of my mom and dad.

Grammy GG: GG stands for "great grandmother". Michael has taken to calling my Grammy Dot this name, which is technically accurate but I still think the name is best on MY GG.

Grampy Sweet: I haven't seen my grandfather since my wedding day.

Grammy Dot: My mom's mom still lives in the town I grew up in, not far from my uncles.

Mom & Dad: You've met them.

Next line:

Uncle Butch, Aunt Mary and their kids: Butch was my favourite uncle when I was growing up. It's been years since I've seen their kids, and I've never met the baby, so I've made a wild guess as to what they might look like.

Next line:

Uncle Jim: Creating these little people has shown me just how little I know about some relatives. Most of what I know of Jim was acquired when I happened to be visiting my grandmother. Jim would pop in unannounced, ask her to cut his hair, and then complain about how he didn't like the way she cut it. He is sort of like the boogeyman: often a character in my uncles' stories, rarely seen in person.

Uncle Steve & Aunt Lori:
The baby of my mom's family, and his wife.

0 comments: