THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Steve's family

Okay, so I promised to do Steve's family. Here goes. I've done them all in one, because Steve has a set of double cousins. (Two brothers married two sisters.) Basically, what this means is that he doesn't have two sides of the family in the same way I do - they're all one big happy family.

Steve's grandfather on his mom's side and his grandmother on his dad's side have both passed away. I wrote about his grandfather as one of our first posts. I never knew his other grandmother or grandfather. The other two people in this image are Byron and Mona (Steve's parents). You met them yesterday.

Uncle Dave, Aunt Anita, Cousin Trevor, Cousin Lori: Everyone calls Steve's aunt "Neat". She and Uncle Dave still live across the street from the house Steve grew up in.


Aunt Isabel, Uncle Wayne, Cousin Kingsley, Cousin Charlotte:
Steve worked for his uncle for a couple of years, as did his dad and his uncle Dave. Isabel is a perfectionist (she uses a ruler to make sure her fudge slices are all the same size) so I shudder to think what she would say if she ever caught sight of my floors or, God forbid, the inside of my car. It is best not to think of such things.


Aunt Barbara, Uncle John, Cousin Bobby, his wife Ruby, Cousin Traci:
We've been away for so long that out of everyone in this part of the family, we know Traci the best. She moved to Halifax just like we did, and I wish we could figure out a way to get back there.

Aunt Shirley, Uncle Aubrey, Cousin Jason, Cousin April: I'm told that Shirley and Aubrey have recently escaped Newfoundland, as has April. Jason was in my year in high school, but I don't believe we've exchanged more than twenty words in the last dozen years. I should fix this next time we're on that side of the planet.

Think of this as an active request for actual photos of people. I really don't have any.

0 comments: