THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dream, comfort, memory to spare



Reader-submitted question: Have you ever watched "The Last Waltz"? I think you would enjoy it.

I've received a few questions lately that are thinly disguised requests to post specific videos. It happens that I really enjoy Neil Young, so this works well for me. If I'm not totally mistaken, my dad had a few of his albums in the milk crates he brought from one rectory to another when I was a kid.

I had never heard of "The Last Waltz" until this reader brought it up, but I've now seen a lot of it on YouTube. I really like it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks for posting this, Megan.

The Old Man with the Milk Crates

Jenn Martinson said...

The Hubster and I went to this event in town, which was basically a guy with a laptop showing YouTube videos on a movie screen. Here are a few of my favs for future posts:

1. Charlie bit my finger again
2. Crazy black girl on a train with subtitles
3. Dog rapes boy while playing wii

Enjoy!

Megan said...

Boy, people in Texas are...uh...interesting.

Now, if you were in Canada, that guy probably WOULD be getting some sort of government grant.

I laugh, because if I don't, I'll cry.

Karen said...

The fact you've never heard of "The Last Waltz" makes me want to cry too, Megan. Martin Scorsese? The Band's last concert? The best freakin' concert movie ever (and I say that as a big fan of Stop Making Sense, and not a big fan of The Band)? Everyone and their dog from the 70s folkie scene guesting? I mean come on - where are you ever going to get Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Van Morrison in the same place at the same time?

Go down to Iris' shop and rent the movie RIGHT NOW.

Torq said...

I was once asked what type of music I like. I didn't really know how to answer, what do I know about music? So I said, "I like music which is both sad and beautiful."

Very nice.

Megan said...

I was just accused of living my life to an extremely depressing playlist. Something about too much Lindsey Buckingham and not enough Christine McVie.

I'm not sure how to respond.