THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Friday, February 15, 2008

A compromise

If you come to the blog instead of using a reader, you’ll see that I’ve changed the links list that used to be on the sidebar.

I read a lot of blogs, and I love a lot of blogs. Far too many to put on my sidebar. I’ve wanted to link to my favourites for a long time now, but I didn’t want to take anyone off. Who would have to go?

But really long lists of links are overwhelming. I don't like it when I see them on other sites: I just don't know where to start and most of the time the content hasn't been updated. I get frustrated after a few clicks and don't bother with the rest of the list.

I think I’ve found a compromise: I’ll be linking to the new posts on my favourite blogs a few hours after they go up. This will make things easier for those of you who use the sidebar, too: you’ll be able to see new posts at a glance. The latest 15 will be featured, so I expect it to completely refresh itself about once a day. The newest posts are at the top, and they slowly move down the list and eventually drop off the main page.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is damned cool !

How did you make that?
With feedburner?