THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Thursday, May 08, 2008

"The editor in me wanted to madly edit the blog!"

Reader-submitted complaint: I'm not sure how to raise this with you. I went to your blog for the first time last night, but, uh, I only read the first entry. I didn't realise you were such a fan of that writer. But I also had trouble with the spelling errors. I couldn't keep reading.

Oh dear.

This has happened before. My own cousin came to the blog one day and had no context for the Uriel post he found on the front page.

Sorry about that. Let me reassure you that I don't actually think that women deserve presents for bragging about spending as little time as possible with their kids. It was an attempt at satire. I'm not actually a fan of that person at all (I refuse to link directly to her), and, unlike her, I am very good at spelling and grammar. I promise.

I don't think of myself as subtle, but I think I can sometimes be too sarcastic for my own good. If it was your first visit, you definitely wouldn't have known what was going on.

Here's a good rule of thumb: If you think I'm joking, I'm probably joking. Keep reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUH....

Megan said...

Now, now. We don't want to scare the person off. :)

I was really surprised at this one. People who know me might think that post was serious?

It reinforces the importance of context. If you've never been here before and you're used to seeing lousy grammar and inane posts on blogs, you probably don't assume a post like that is satire. It's just what you were already expecting. On the other hand, if you come here all the time, you'll know right away that it's a joke.

New Reader: We are glad to have you along for the ride. I PROMISE it was a joke.