THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hey!

Reader-submitted complaint: I didn't know that you have a blog!

Oh.

Yeah, I guess you didn't. It's not a secret, but I didn't exactly take out an ad in Name of Paper Withheld to get more readers, either. I'm glad you're here.

I'm going to tell you something I don't always tell new readers. I publish new content every day, so the newest post might not be representative of the rest of the blog. You have to read a number of posts to really get a good sense of what a blog is. Then you have to come back tomorrow to read more.

I love to read blogs, but it takes effort to find new ones. That sounds silly, because there are probably millions of blogs, but you never know what you are going to get. It takes time to find people who write about the things I'm interested in, and even more time to read through enough posts to decide that I want to go back and read more.

This blog is about all of the things that are important to me, so I'm glad you're here. Please be reassured that I do not write about you personally. (I'm always surprised at the number of people who, upon learning that I have a blog, wonder if I write about them.) Look around, and stay if you like what you see. If you scroll down, you'll see labels on the right side. They will take you to all of my posts about a particular topic.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, do people really think that? That we might use our blogs to sound off about people?

Actually it always amazes me how little of that goes on. Few people use their blogs as that sort of outlet, do they? The only person I have ever sounded off about was my MIL and I still feel a bit guilty about that!!

You are right about it taking a while to find blogs which appeal to us as individuals. I tend to find them through comments people leave - if I like the way they comment it is often the case that I find their blog interesting, but not always.

I love all the blogs I read. I am wary these days of adding more because I just wouldn't have the time to read them all! I'd need to employ STAFF to do so!!!!