THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Once again, I fail myself

I wimped out on the blog swap.

I had prepared a post about something I did the other day. Something really really stupid involving an indiscreet observation to another person in the heat of the moment.

(NOTE TO READERS WHO HAPPEN TO BE LEGAL COUNSEL FOR MY EMPLOYER: This had nothing to do with work.)

(NOTE TO THE FORCES OF EVIL: Nope, not that, either. Sorry for getting you all excited.)

This indiscreet observation had a cascading effect that I tried to stave off with my normal passive-aggressive mix of "Don't worry about it" and "Look, it's all fixed!" protestations. I really wanted the person to forget what I'd said, but clearly that's not possible.

I thought the blog swap might be a good opportunity to write about this. The blog swap is anonymous, you see. Much like Post Secret, the point is to write something you don't dare to write on your own blog. As there are very few things I don't dare to write on my own blog, there were only a few options. Unlike many bloggers, I harbour very few lingering desires to complain about work on my blog: I write about work only occasionally and even then it's usually superficial. So complaining about my day job was out. Besides, I already had the perfect topic.

I took some time to write about what happened the other day, but cut the post at the last minute. There are indeed some things I don't dare to write on my blog, and apparently I don't dare to write them on other blogs, either.

By the time I cut the post, I was up against a deadline. I drafted something silly in 20 minutes and sent it off. If you explore the other blogs that took part in the swap, you'll find it, but it doesn't have my name on it.

Some day I will re-write and post the other one. Some day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am now very curious about that unposted post.

Anonymous said...

Me, too! I hope we have another one of these one day. And soon, because I totally already know my topic.