THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Saturday, November 17, 2007

"Just a suggestion..."

Reader-submitted question: How about a post about how you have a good man?

No, Steve did not submit this question. (I double-checked to make sure he had not hacked into my reader's e-mail account.)

This is an interesting one. You see, I am a bit out of my element here. I do indeed have a good man, but I usually don't post about him.

Steve and I have been together for 15 years. He is my best friend and, except for our son, the most important person in my life.

I am not a mushy person: I do not go on at length about my relationship with Steve any more than I do my relationships with Stacey, Glen or the Capitalist. In fact, I get a bit uncomfortable when others go into too much detail about how much they luuuuurve their significant others. It reminds me of my old roommate, who insisted that she was in love with an 18-year-old with a half-shaved head as she carved the name of a hot guitar-playing Marine into her wrist. That was a weird year, eh, Overseas Readers? (Maybe there's a reason all of my friends from university left the continent.)

One of my dear friends is at the beginning of a relationship (yikes, no, not a relationship, call it something else!) and mentioned that the other person is taking up a lot of his head space. This is an interesting observation, because I'm not sure what it would be like to NOT have another person taking up a lot of head space. I don't talk about it a lot for the same reason I don't talk about the fact that I have blue eyes: it's just part of my life.

Yes, I do indeed have a good man. Thanks for your question.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hmmm, I never knew he was a marine... university was weird in general... but that's the whole point isn't it? :)

Megan said...

He was a Marine, wasn't he? Some sort of military thing. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure.

I can vouch for the "hot", although I was never privileged enough to find out for myself that he played guitar. Some gals have all the luck.