THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Damn your love. Damn your lies.

Reader-submitted complaint: There's too much dry humour on this site. I'm concerned that some people won't get the joke. I mean, I'm smart enough to get it, but what about all those people who aren't as literary as I am?

Interesting point. What about those people? What miserable existences they must lead!

Never fear: I have dealt with this issue before. I do have a dry sense of humour, I guess, but as my brothers do, too, I don't think there's much hope of changing this.

I don't think of myself as subtle, but at times I've confused people with "compliments" like "Thanks for your valuable contribution to this discussion. I'm sure that the unique way you use punctuation is some sort of political statement. And you truly deserve kudos for developing a new meaning for the word 'erstwhile'. We all appreciate it." (I thought this was mean, but apparently it wasn't direct enough.)

But wait: Not everything on this site is a joke. Some of it is deadly serious. In fact, MOST of it is serious. Are you sure that you've been able to separate the wheat from the chaff? Maybe you're not as literary as you think you are.

0 comments: