THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Friday, August 22, 2008

Though you don't believe that it's true, I never meant any harm to you

Reader-submitted question: Were you supporting Hillary Clinton for president?

Why? Because of this?


Unfortunately, this is not the sort of thing that would make me support a politician. I am pretty forgiving when it comes to cocaine abuse, megalomania and experimental double albums, but this is a real freak show.

I generally look for some indication that the person has good judgment. As much as I like Christine McVie's music, this is not a song that should inspire confidence in a national leader. Perhaps this is because I listened to the words. You would think that the Clintons would have put in a similar amount of effort before choosing this song to represent their campaign. Or even just skimmed the lyrics. (I know, this is crazy talk.)

I used to think that Republican delegates were bad dancers, but watching these Democrats lurch around trying to clap on beat makes me proud to be a Canadian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah -- I bet Mr Harper is a real GROOVE MACHINE!

Grumpy Old Dad

Anonymous said...

I like you, grumpy old dad. Just the image of Harper dancing! Hee hee.