OK, so Clare is well ahead of me, as usual. The Nunavut bloggers seem much more coordinated than we are. (Or maybe it's just that Clare is more coordinated than *I* am.)
Who's up for the 2008 NWT Blog Awards?
I propose the following rules:
- To be eligible, a blog must be about the NWT or written by a person in the NWT.
- Anyone can nominate a blog for the contest.
- Winners will be chosen by judges, who will also provide the prizes for their categories and can be non-bloggers or from outside the NWT.
- To be eligible, individual blog entries must have been published in 2008.
- What you think of these rules: I'm open to other ideas.
- If you are interested in judging one of the categories.
- Which categories we should include (check out the Canadian Blog Awards for some ideas).
I will ask judges not to judge categories they will be entered in, and to put real effort into choosing between the blogs that are nominated: I would love it if this contest could draw attention to the undiscovered gems of the NWT blogging world rather than just confirming who has the most readers.
If there's no interest in running a contest this year, we won't do one.