THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The day's work

My bedroom has walls and a floor!

WALLS AND A FLOOR.

This is a really big deal. We bought our house four years ago and have been renovating it slowly ever since then. The bedroom is the last thing to get done. I cannot wait. I CANNOT WAIT. I was about to start disassembling our bed so we could move back in there, but Steve wants to hold off until tomorrow.

I don't think I can wait that long.

We have been sleeping in the spare room for over a year. This is not bad on its own, but it means that none of the things that would normally go in a spare room could be put in the spare room. Instead, they have piled up all over the house. From my perch on the couch, I can see two file boxes, a number of storage boxes, five piles of paper, two yoga balls and a drying rack. And that's just the crap in the living room. We have an entire room that is full of storage boxes, luggage and old books. Exactly the sort of thing that ought to be in a spare room. NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY KITCHEN AND SPILLING OVER INTO THE HALLWAY.

I can't explain why, but I cannot handle the mess any longer. This has to END.

And we are so, so close. Did I mention that my bedroom has walls and a floor?

If Steve wasn't asleep in the bed, I would already have taken it apart and hauled it back in there. As soon as the bed gets out of the spare room, we can lay the flooring in there and get all of this mess out of my line of sight. I am pretty sure we could have it all done by tomorrow night. We COULD. I know it.

0 comments: