THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Thursday, August 30, 2007

You ask, I answer

Reader-Submitted Question: I don't really get blogs. Yours is the first one I've ever read. What, you just write things down and post them on the Internet? And then anybody at all can come and read it?

Well, yes. When you put it that way, it does sound a little weird.

I'm a writer, and we all think this is normal. I write something. Then I have the audacity to think that everybody will want to read it, so I publish it. What, that's weird?

I have to admit that I do not like most blogs. They are best when they are focused, personal, and updated frequently. By my own standards, I am not a great blogger. This blog is not particularly focused; although I have a few running features, there is no real theme except "me". I think that people who come here every day probably have a good sense of who I am and what my demons are, even though I am passive-aggressive and speak in code. On the other hand, the Uriel blog is focused but rarely updated -- but come on! I can't possibly summon that much anger on a daily basis.

0 comments: