THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends

Reader-Submitted Question: Is Uriel a friend of yours? Why is he (she?) the only one who gets a little "Updated" note?

Uriel is not really a friend of mine. Little Miss Know-it-All and I, however, are very close. I have had sexual relations with her husband.

I have very few friends in real life, and I don't have room for a friend like Uriel. However, I do spend a lot of time thinking about what she thinks:

  • Is she a racist?
  • What does she think of Stockwell Day?
  • How often does she vandalize Wikipedia?
A friend of mine says that I am much more like Uriel than I would like to admit. I'm not sure that this is right, but it's true that I often don't have to wonder what she would think: I automatically know. For example, she's against safety equipment because she thinks it makes people careless. She's in favour of picket lines and court actions, but only because she knows that if she takes the kind of violent action against the government that she'd like to take, she will be arrested and her opportunities for preaching will be limited. Well, Uriel doesn't preach so much as angrily judge people who disagree with her.

Uriel only gets a special "Updated" note because she used to be allowed to write here on this blog, so some of my readers are still interested in what she's doing. She has her own blog now, which is good. She has attracted her own audience over there, one that's not quite as interested in grammar or videos of Michael as the people you'll find here. She has a very diverse group of readers from all over the world, but mostly the United States. My readers, on the other hand, are mostly Canadians: I never have visitors from outside North America unless I've been linked on another blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised to learn that her readers come mostly from the States, because Uriel is the ultimate Canadian fantasy.

Megan said...

Uriel gets visitors from all over -- Mexico to Finland to the Pacific Rim. However, most of her readers are from the States.