THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Friday, August 17, 2007

So you're blue, but I can't take a chance on a chick like you



I've seen this entire video. It's at least an hour long, but if you've seen this clip, you've seen it all. If you are ever forced to watch the whole thing, I suggest you drink heavily before you turn on the TV. I'm pretty sure that's how I made it through -- I don't remember, really, but I'm just going to play the odds here.

I have listened to a LOT of ABBA in my life, more than the average person, I would think. There are several reasons for this, but the biggest one is that they were particularly popular with the boys I hung out with in high school. In retrospect, this should have given me pause, but Bay Roberts was not a place that encouraged that type of earnest thought.

This was the mid-nineties, and people listened to these old-fashioned things called "compact disks" that had to be purchased in stores using money. It was a crazy system: you should look it up some day. There were plenty of ABBA CDs to go around, so we were never far from Freida and Bjorn and whatever the other guys' names were. Of course, depending on where we were, a person might have to shuffle through the Miss Saigon and Phantom of the Opera soundtracks, the Celine Dion collection or the Bjork tribute albums, but we were guaranteed to have plenty of ABBA on hand no matter what.

Man, I am BLIND.

0 comments: