THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this



Every American Idol season has a show that features the final contestants singing a schmaltzy ballad about how great it is to be THEM, RIGHT NOW. The song always has a really clever double meaning: it could be about falling in love OR it could be about winning American Idol. This is why they pay Diane Warren the big bucks.

I was relieved to see that the America's Got Talent finale dispensed with this format. Instead, David Hasselhoff got to sing the ballad. By the end, I had real tears in my eyes. That's how moving the performance was.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I feel a little ill right now... :)

Megan said...

Your comment got me thinking: Is David as hot in Belgium as he is in Germany?

Of course, he's super hot no matter what, but you know what I mean.

Alison said...

I haven't really asked around (not sure why it hasn't come up in casual conversation) but Belgians have particularly bad taste in most areas so I wouldn't be surprised :)