THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Please join us at snowcoveredhills.com.

Get the posts on my new blog by e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

New posts on snowcoveredhills.com:

Friday, October 13, 2006

I want to take you through a wasteland I like to call my home

Writing a blog has got to be the most self-indulgent thing in the world. I sit here and write about myself...the most stupid, inane details that don't matter. Then - the NERVE! - I put it out for everyone to read and actually expect people to read it.

It has been really nice to have a place to write about silly things. Everything I write at work is so serious. I am only half joking when I say that it usually ends with "...before turning the gun on himself."

This blog isn't about life in my town, or celebrity nipple slips, or being a mom, or one of my hobbies. It's just about me. (Steve and Michael are supporting characters.) It's not a humour blog, but I do hope you laugh sometimes. If you think I might be joking, but you're not sure, I'm probably joking. For example, my brother's not really a Torah scholar, and he's not using a Hebrew interface. He's just a smart aleck trying to provoke my dad.

I have three brothers. One is an engineer, and another is studying to become an engineer. The third just got back from Japan and is planning his wedding. I am hoping to see as many of them as possible next spring, but family visits have been few and far between over the seven years since Steve and I moved away. It's been more than five years since I've seen any of my extended family, but they are mostly in Maine and the southern States. Steve's family is entirely in Newfoundland, except for his parents, who live here in town.

0 comments: